A lot of people wonder what happens to tattoos after they are done – will they fade, do you have to touch up color, etc. However, a tattoo created with love (& unicorn sprinkles) should definitely be followed by some great aftercare. So here goes~
- After(no more than) two hours, remove the bandage and wash with a mild antibacterial soap
- Pat dry with a clean paper towel
- Air dry for at least five minutes
- With clean hands, apply a thin layer of unscented Lubriderm lotion
- Repeat this process three to five times daily until dead skin flakes away
- (optional) Switch to 100% vitamin E oil, applying at least twice daily until the skin returns to normal
- NO direct sunlight for about 30 days
- NO swimming for about 30 days
- NO scratching or picking
- NO advice from friends
- If you have any questions, PLEASE feel free to contact me directly.
Skin care note~
Everyone is not the best are not the best at optimal skin care. Please be sure to moisturize daily (NOT lotion, baby oil, or vaseline – but shea butter or coconut/olive/ or carrot oils) and drink plenty water.
It’s the ONLY waaayyyyyy!!! ^.^
After, After Care~
(for a beautiful long-lasting tattoo)
Be sure to keep your skin out of sunlight as best you can. As good as it is, it’s now your sworn enemy. (no really!) However, becoming a vampire may not be the life for you so please remember to utilise sunblock (recommended, SPF-15 or greater for all skin types) ALL year around, regardless of skin type. ← I cannot stress the sunblock thing enough! *eek!*
If you have more questions about sun block, please visit here.